Sugar is a popular ingredient that is used as a sweeting agent in a variety of foods and beverages. While it tastes sweet, it has been associated to various diseases such as diabetes, heart disease and cancer. Sugar does not contain any fats, proteins or nutrients, and it can be avoided. Moreover, sugar can be extremely harmful to your body and can lower your metabolism levels which can lead to fat storage. Hence, it is important that you avoid this addictive food and switch to natural substitutes for sugar.
Some of these include:
1. Stevia – It is extracted from the leaves of the South American shrub Stevia Rebaudiana, and it contains zero calories.
2. Xylitol – It is a sugar alcohol extracted from birch or corn, and it doesn’t contain fructose which is harmful for us.
3. Yacon Syrup – It is extracted from the Yacon Plant native to South America, and they feed the friendly bacteria in your gut.
4. Coconut sugar – It is extracted from the sap of the coconut palm and contains a few nutrients like iron, zinc, calcium and potassium.
5. Maple Syrup – It is made by cooking down the sap of maple trees, and it contains 24 different types of antioxidants.
Sugar may be addictive, but it’s extremely bad for your health. Be sure to avoid sugar by switching to these natural substitutes for it. If you face any of the problems caused by sugar, be sure to visit your doctor and then order your medicines from us.