Diabetes is a group of metabolic diseases in which the person has high blood glucose, either because the insulin levels are inadequate or because the body does not respond properly to insulin. It is a long term condition that causes high blood pressure levels. It can be causes due to a variety of reasons, most commonly when your immunity system destroys the cells that produce insulin.
Symptoms of diabetes can include increased thirst, fatigue, blurred vision and sores. This World Diabetes day, it's important that you learn all you can and take the necessary precautions to prevent this illness.
Some precautions you can take include:
1. Losing body fat - Being overweight is a risk increasing factor for diabetes. Make sure you watch your diet and exercise regularly.
2. Drink water - Avoid sugar sweetening beverages and stick to water instead.
3. Stress Less - Stress can trigger the release of several hormones which increase blood sugar.
4. Cut Sugar and Refined Carbs from your diet - Your body can rapidly break sugars molecules which are absorbed by your blood. This can increase blood sugar levels and cause diabetes.
5. Quit Smoking - Smoking has been shown to contribute to increasing risk of type 2 diabetes. Make sure you quit smoking in order to reduce your risk.
Be it quitting smoking, or watching your diet, Gaia Pharmacy is here to help you. You can avail a nicotine patch or nicotine gum to reduce your smoking addiction. You can also watch our social media space for tips and tricks toward a healthy lifestyle. Visit our website today to learn more about us: https://www.gaiapharmacy.net