Did you know that the hands are said to be one of the main causes for sickness due to the number of bacteria and germs that are on it. This Hand-washing week, it's important that you take the necessary to steps to wash your hands and protect you and your loved ones from sickness. Hand-washing with soaps prevents a number of illnesses because of the following:
- People frequently touch their eyes, nose and mouth without even noticing, and this ensures that germs get into your body, which can be extremely harmful.
- Germs can get into food or drinks while you prepare them, hence causing illness to spread to others as well.
- Germs from hands may be transferred to objects which are further picked up by others, and this process continues.
Teaching people about the importance of hand washing is extremely crucial in preventing various respiratory and diarrhoea infections. While this may seem simple and easy, its important that you give this process enough time by following the below steps:
1. Wet- Wet your hands with clean running water, and then turn off the tap and apply soap.
2. Lather your hands- Apply soap over your hands, especially under your nails, something a lot of us neglect.
3. Scrub- Scrub your hands for at least 20 seconds.
4. Rinse - Rinse your hands under clean, running water.
5. Dry- Dry your hands using a clean towel or air dry them.
It's important that you wash your hands regularly, and constantly use sanitiser in order to avoid contracting as well as spreading sickness. To avail your hand sanitiser, visit our website: https://www.gaiapharmacy.net
For more tips on how to maintain a healthy lifestyle, stay tuned to our social media spaces: